Friday 6 June 2008

Paula Abdul Banned From Dancing With The Stars

Paula Abdul is not letting American Idol producers ruin her hopes of appearing on rival show Dancing With The Stars, revealing that she is “hypothetically” thinking about it.

The former choreographer has made no secret of wanting to appear on the dance competition, stating in a recent interview: "I'd be honoured. I want to wear the pretty dresses!"

But Idol executive producer Nigel hates the idea of Abdul waltzing away to another show on a rival U.S. TV network.

He tells In Touch: "As far as I'm concerned, Paula is American Idol and our judge. It's like asking Simon (Cowell) to sing. Why would I want that?

"It's not that Paula wouldn't be good at it. She would be brilliant. But she was a dancer, so why would a dancer go on a dancing show? That doesn't seem fair to me!"

But the opposition hasn't put Abdul off: "I'm hypothetically thinking about it (Dancing With The Stars)."